Sometimes "cat" means:
* A gender-nonspecific way to refer to a person and low-key imply that they're cool, e.g. "they are a hip cat"
* A literal feline, e.g. "I have a pet cat"
* A furry, e.g. "this is my cat fursona"
And on the fediverse, it's kind of a roll of the dice which one they mean
@bgcarlisle Sometimes it's more than one option, too ∑;ɜ
a blinking cursor I love it
* a member of the working class who leans into the subculture of their form of labor beyond what is necessary for success; someone who clearly should doing whatever work it is they do.
(This is kinda a more specific version of #1, but where one might be a "barista cat" or "brewer cat" rather than "hip cat")
* short for Catherine or Katherine oeh "Hypocorism" is a fancy smancy way of calling it.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!