@Cyborgneticz Brb writing some fanfic about Evangelical Bajorans who don't use transporters for religious reasons
@Cyborgneticz She uses transporters extensively but never publicly because she doesn't want to alienate her base
@Cyborgneticz Episode writes itself
* Starfleet finds drifting Bajoran ship in distress
* Starfleet beams over help, they declare the ship un-fixable, about to explode
* Bajorans raise shields, preventing Starfleet from beaming anyone back, because they believe that they will be killed if they are beamed and replaced with a duplicate, and they don't trust Starfleet not to take them all
* Starfleet negotiates with them, gets them to lower shields
* But now some Bajorans want to get beamed
@Cyborgneticz I mean, there's like a million Star Trek shows these days
I should just write up a spec script and send it to whoever's in charge
@Cyborgneticz And a hypocrite religious leader type character like Winn would be perfect in this story
They could be the one leading the charge against transporter use at first
And then they sneak off at the end with the people who change their minds, leaving others to die
@bgcarlisle Winn is one of my favorite characters for religious hypocrisy cause she does it so well.
@Cyborgneticz Just let them straight-up have an Earth acoustic guitar
Youth vedek: 🎶 *Twannnng* When the music fades— 🎶
Starfleet: Where did you get that? Who gave him that?
Youth vedek: *Doesn't answer, he's way too into his tunes*
Starfleet: Computer, restrict replicator menu to food and medical supplies only
@bgcarlisle do you think they'd make Cool Songs about going back to your traditional roles in society
loved when Kira tried to be an artist
Scholar Social is a microblogging platform for researchers, grad students, librarians, archivists, undergrads, academically inclined high schoolers, educators of all levels, journal editors, research assistants, professors, administrators—anyone involved in academia who is willing to engage with others respectfully.