# Steps to queer representation
1. No queers because writers get the squicks
2. No queers because of ostensibly principled reason
3. No queers, but just because we haven't had a story that demands a queer
4. Okay maybe this secondary character is queer? We didn't say they're not!
5. Okay there's a queer but oops we killed it lol oops
6. Okay there's a queer but you can't really tell they're queer (Super respectable! Very comfortable for straights!)
7. Actual queer representation
Scholar Social is a microblogging platform for researchers, grad students, librarians, archivists, undergrads, academically inclined high schoolers, educators of all levels, journal editors, research assistants, professors, administrators—anyone involved in academia who is willing to engage with others respectfully. Read more ...