We have quite a lot of open positions and I am happy about every application in general, but there are so many where people do not even look up one thing about the position.
1. It's a government job. The pay is started in the offer. Negotiations are not possible.
2. It's a position in the German Aerospace Center, but if your sole motivation is flight) space you will be disappointed.
3. If you do not have a university degree, we cannot hire you as a researcher.
@caha42 4. If you apply for all positions we offer (which is a wide range) you are out. You can't be skilled or passionate for everything.
5. Have at least anything(!) which relates to the position in your application.
6. Value the time people will put in reading your application. Incomplete or applications full of errors are rude.
@cdonat to be honest I just vented a bit. But good idea, so here: https://www.dlr.de/dlr/jobs/#SimulationsSoftwaretechnik/S:338
Scholar Social is a microblogging platform for researchers, grad students, librarians, archivists, undergrads, academically inclined high schoolers, educators of all levels, journal editors, research assistants, professors, administrators—anyone involved in academia who is willing to engage with others respectfully.